E-Mail 'Obama’s Tax & Spend Budgets Trend Higher' To A Friend

Email a copy of 'Obama’s Tax & Spend Budgets Trend Higher' to a friend

* Required Field






Separate multiple entries with a comma. Maximum 5 entries.



Separate multiple entries with a comma. Maximum 5 entries.


E-Mail Image Verification

Loading ... Loading ...

6 Comments

CWJensen
6:37 pm CST
February 16, 2012


http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/us-hit-debt-limit-election-day/379291

CWJensen
6:38 pm CST
February 16, 2012


http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/02/16/cbo-longest-period-of-high-unemployment-since-great-depression

CWJensen
6:39 pm CST
February 16, 2012


http://freebeacon.com/geithner-admits-obamas-budget-unsustainable/

Radman
9:19 am CST
February 16, 2012


THE COW AND THE ICE CREAM — ONE OF THE BEST EXPLANATIONS OF WHY OBAMA WON THE ELECTION IN 2008: — Adapted from a story by a teacher in the Nashville area.

It’s not about “the cow” (our country); it’s all about the “ice cream.” The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third grade… The presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest. I decided we would have an election for a class president. We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote. To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot. The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he had lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia’s mother.

The day arrived when they were to make their speeches. Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best. Everyone applauded and he sat down.

Now it was Olivia’s turn to speak. Her speech was concise. She said, “If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream.” She sat down. The class went wild. “Yes! Yes! We want ice cream.” Surely she would say more. She did not have to. A discussion followed. How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn’t sure. Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it? She didn’t know. The class (the voters) really didn’t care. All they were thinking about was “ice cream!” Jamie was forgotten…and Olivia won in a landslide!

Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth during the 2008 campaign, he offered “ice cream,” and 52% of the people reacted just like nine-year olds. They wanted “ice cream.” The other 48 percent knew that THEY were going to have to feed “the cow” and clean up “the mess.” Entitlements, bailouts and other goodies are the flavors of “ice cream” that Obama promised the people in return for their vote!

Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else. Did you vote for the ice cream? THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED in 2008; and he’s still promising more in a second term. $6 trillion (the amount of new debt that this has been amassed by this administration since Obama took office) has bought a lot of “ice cream”…or should I say votes.

Radman
9:32 am CST
February 16, 2012


John Stossel’s article, “Never Trust Government Numbers” — in this edition of Texas Insider –speaks of the “ice cream,” and the increasing costs of double and triple scoops:

“Again and again, politicians get away with underestimating the cost of their programs.

Often the cost goes up because people change their behavior to get free stuff. A program meant to help the needy costs a certain amount. The next year, it costs more, because now more of the needy know about the program and more social workers know how to tap it. The next year, the non-needy feel like suckers if they don’t get the handout, and they figure out a way to game the system.”

And, “‘what do politicians do the next year? They expand the program to buy more votes. And the year after that, they add a new benefit. That’s what’s happened with Medicare. It’s not just that they got the fundamental estimates wrong. They did. But every new generation of politicians figures out some new expansion, some new benefit.’”

F.R. Sr.
4:19 pm CST
February 16, 2012


I wish they would offer Dental, ‘ cause I’m needing a lot of it !

Leave a Comment

Your Name
(required)
Your Email
(required - not published)
Your Website
(optional)
Your Thoughts


2 + = nine