WASHINGTON, D.C. (Texas Insider Report) — Powered by a crucial 9% lead among "Likely U.S. Voters" not affiliated with either major party, President Trump has edged to a one-point lead over Democrat Joe Biden in the latest Rasmussen Reports’ Weekly White House Watch Survey. While statistically insignificant, it’s the first time Trump has been in the lead.
President Trump also shows surprising strength among other minority voters, suggesting that he is attracting Hispanic support as violent racial protests continue in many major cities.
52% of “Likely U.S. Voters” approve of Trump’s Job Performance, 46% disapprove.
Rasmussen Reports' September 9-10 & 13-15, 2020 national survey of 2,500 "Likely Voters" conducted by telephone and online survey found that President Trump had the support of 47% compared to 46% for Joe Biden among. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, while four percent (4%) remain undecided.
The race has narrowed over the past two weeks.
- Trump had closed Biden's lead to just 2% lead last week, prior to moving into the lead for the 1st time this week.
- At 47%, Trump moved over 45% for the first time in the past two-and-a-half months.
- Prior to this week, Biden has bested Trump in every weekly survey since White House Watch began at the beginning of July.
- The new survey finds Trump with 80% support among Republicans, while Democrat Joe Biden also had 80% of the Democrat vote
- a 9% lead among "Likely U.S. Voters" not affiliated with either major party.
The margin of sampling error is +/- 2 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology here.
To see survey question wording, click here.