Texas Insider Report: AUSTIN, Texas – Former State Reps. Kent Grusendorf & Bill Keffer, association executive and political consultant Stephanie Gibson, and lobbyist Brad Shields have joined forces with the Austin-based public relations firm Noble Strategic Partners to launch a powerhouse new firm called Texas Legislative Associates (TLA), said to provide a wide range of government affairs and public relations & communications services.
TLA’s combined services include strategic planning, legislative and regulatory administration, session lobbying, industry coalition building, regulatory advocacy, legislative interim activities, grassroots political action, media and public relations.
“We are excited to combine forces with this talented group to offer our clients extraordinary insight and access to key policymakers and a unique understanding of the critical issues before the Texas Legislature,” said TLA Managing Associate Brad Shields. “Our collective experience, understanding of the intricacies of Texas government and success in working with both the state legislature and agencies enables us to provide unmatched expertise to our clients.”
“They know everyone, and everyone knows and trusts them for their knowledgeable, ethical, well-prepared approach in all that they do,” said Julie Spier, R.Ph., Randalls/Tom Thumb/Safeway, a TLA client.
Principal associates of the firm include:
- Kent Grusendorf (right) served as a member of the Texas House of Representatives (R-Arlington) from 1987 to 2007, including two terms as Chair of the Public Education Committee where he guided the Texas House through the last reform of school finance. . He also served on the Texas State Board of Education from 1982 to 1984.
- Bill Keffer (right) served two terms in the Texas House of Representatives, where he served on the House Committee on Energy Resources, House Committee on Insurance and House Committee on Public Education. Recently appointed to the Interstate Oil & Gas Compact Commission (IOGCC), he is an expert in energy and environmental issues.
- Bill Noble, founder and President of Noble Strategic Partners has close to 25 years in corporate communications, political campaign, public affairs and media relations experience. Noble has served as senior advisor to Governor Rick Perry and managed public affairs and communications efforts for a variety of corporations, including then-SBC Communications (now AT&T), AAA Texas and USAA.
- Bradford Shields is managing associate of the firm. With 40 years of experience, Shields has been ranked among the Top “Hired Gun” Lobbyists in Texas, and as one of the Top Five Education Lobbyists.
- Stephanie Gibson has been involved in the Texas legislative process for more than 20 years, Gibson has consulted, managed and fundraised for several legislative and statewide campaigns. Most recently, Gibson served as Vice President of Governmental Affairs for the Texas Retailers Association.
- Brad Shields II has more than 15 years experience in and around the Texas Capitol, including legislative and policy issues as a staff member for multiple House and Senate members. He has also worked on political campaigns and as a lobbyist.
“I would highly recommend this team to anyone looking to advance an idea or piece of legislation in Austin,” said Gary F. Gibson, CFO of Star Furniture Company (A Berkshire Hathaway Company).